It is with a great deal of pride and pleasure that we can now announce that Wulfrun Consulting has relocated to a more comfortable and spacious office location in Wolverhampton's historic Chubb Lock Works...
Our new address is Suite 17, The Chubb Buildings, Fryer Street, Wolverhampton WV1 1HT.
We are adjacent to bus and rail connections at Wolverhampton Interchange and the Midland Metro.
The building in Wolverhampton which is now home to Wulfrun Consulting was conceived in the early 1890s by Chubb & Sons Lock and Safe Co. Ltd. as a new purpose-built Lock Works. We share this space with creative and digital industries; along with the Light House Media Centre and Lock Works Café.
Located in Railway Street, the Works were opened in 1898 and capable of accommodating 350 workers. The triangular design around an inner courtyard, whilst unusual, was extremely practical. The large windows on each side of every level provided the maximum amount of natural light with each locksmith's bench having its own window.
Lock manufacturing began in early 1899 and continued at this site for the next 39 years. The Chubb name is incorporated in the brickwork and the building is a grade II listed development which means the exterior cannot be altered.
The picture dates from 1900 and shows a group of lady employees gathered under what are now our offices and Boardroom.